- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
VIDEO: Orioles Hit Trio Of Consecutive Dingers, Defy Ridiculous Odds
Home runs — you love them, MLB players love hitting them. But sometimes they just don’t happen. You make the trek down to your local ballpark, haggle the guy scalping tickets down to an affordable number, buy a beer that cost about half the price of the ticket, walk the stairs up to your seat and sit there for nine homer-less, walk-filled innings of 2-1 single ball. A pitchers duel they’ll call it. Well the Orioles said screw that Monday night.
Ain’t that something, something, something? Chris Davis has hit exactly 22 of these in 395 tries this season. J.J. Hardy has eight in 447. Delmon Young? Six in 193. So what are the odds that they hit them back-to-back-to-back? If my math serves me correct, about nine in 250,000. If any mathematicians or people with a better basic knowledge of probabilities wants to correct me, feel free, but I’m 98-percent sure that’s accurate.
Image via Getty
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- Draft Fail: The 10 Most Disappointing NBA Players
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts