- 6 Fantasy Football Trade Tools Everyone Should Use
- Mere Humans Are Powerless Against The Might Of The Dallas Stars Jumbotron
- Will The Bengals Break The Patriots For Good This Weekend?
- Will Ferrell Just Yells At Derek Jeter For An Entire Four Minutes
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Vin Scully Gets A Standing Ovation For A Rare Genuine Moment At Dodgers Stadium
Yesterday was Vin Scully bobblehead night at Chavez Ravine. As a tribute to the legendary broadcaster, the crowd rose to their feet during a video tribute in the fifth inning.
This is Scully’s 64th season as a broadcaster for the Dodgers and it’s understandable how beloved he is among the fans. Even the oldest of Dodgers fans would struggle to remember a time when Scully wasn’t announcing the play-by-play with all his Vin Scully mannerisms.
Scully, 85, has no plans to retire yet. It’s incredible a man his age can still call a baseball game in 2013. Think about how much has changed during Scully’s 64 years in baseball. Could he have ever imagined the huge jumbotrons, the thugged out walk-up music or the constant reminders for fans to #Vote their favorite All-Star into the mid-summer classic. What the hell is Vin Scully thinking when “Diamonds” by Rihanna is blasted for the 200th time over the Dodgers PA system?
Nothing lasts forever, but Vin Scully is certainly giving it his best shot.
- Filed Under:
- vin scully
- Mayweather Jr. Vows to be Better Faster Stronger
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Shane Mosley Jr. Tastes The Bitterness of Defeat
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence