- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Vin Scully Gets A Standing Ovation For A Rare Genuine Moment At Dodgers Stadium
Yesterday was Vin Scully bobblehead night at Chavez Ravine. As a tribute to the legendary broadcaster, the crowd rose to their feet during a video tribute in the fifth inning.
This is Scully’s 64th season as a broadcaster for the Dodgers and it’s understandable how beloved he is among the fans. Even the oldest of Dodgers fans would struggle to remember a time when Scully wasn’t announcing the play-by-play with all his Vin Scully mannerisms.
Scully, 85, has no plans to retire yet. It’s incredible a man his age can still call a baseball game in 2013. Think about how much has changed during Scully’s 64 years in baseball. Could he have ever imagined the huge jumbotrons, the thugged out walk-up music or the constant reminders for fans to #Vote their favorite All-Star into the mid-summer classic. What the hell is Vin Scully thinking when “Diamonds” by Rihanna is blasted for the 200th time over the Dodgers PA system?
Nothing lasts forever, but Vin Scully is certainly giving it his best shot.
- Filed Under:
- vin scully
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story