- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Vin Scully Gets A Standing Ovation For A Rare Genuine Moment At Dodgers Stadium
Yesterday was Vin Scully bobblehead night at Chavez Ravine. As a tribute to the legendary broadcaster, the crowd rose to their feet during a video tribute in the fifth inning.
This is Scully’s 64th season as a broadcaster for the Dodgers and it’s understandable how beloved he is among the fans. Even the oldest of Dodgers fans would struggle to remember a time when Scully wasn’t announcing the play-by-play with all his Vin Scully mannerisms.
Scully, 85, has no plans to retire yet. It’s incredible a man his age can still call a baseball game in 2013. Think about how much has changed during Scully’s 64 years in baseball. Could he have ever imagined the huge jumbotrons, the thugged out walk-up music or the constant reminders for fans to #Vote their favorite All-Star into the mid-summer classic. What the hell is Vin Scully thinking when “Diamonds” by Rihanna is blasted for the 200th time over the Dodgers PA system?
Nothing lasts forever, but Vin Scully is certainly giving it his best shot.
- Filed Under:
- vin scully
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'