- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Vin Scully Thinks 77 Percent Of You Are Idiots
Longtime Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully is no stranger to new technology. Yet it was a text-message poll during Tuesday night’s Mets-Dodgers matchup that sent him into a rare place for the usually mild-mannered Hall of Fame announcer.
As reported by Larry Brown Sports, the poll question “Should the All-Star Game determine home field advantage for the World Series?” returned a 77% “Yes” vote, moving Scully to lambaste his audience — asking at one point, “Do you REALIZE what you voted for?”:
It was an odd departure for Scully, who usually reserves his editorializing for an annual recognition of D-Day (video from 2010):
Of course, Scully is right — an exhibition game, the results of which hinge heavily upon the vote of Yankee and Red Sox fans, shouldn’t determine who has home field advantage in the World Series. For our own amusement, SportsGrid recommends Dodger fans continue to text in bad answers to televised text polls just to see Scully’s reaction.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence