- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Reportedly Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Vin Scully Thinks 77 Percent Of You Are Idiots
Longtime Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully is no stranger to new technology. Yet it was a text-message poll during Tuesday night’s Mets-Dodgers matchup that sent him into a rare place for the usually mild-mannered Hall of Fame announcer.
As reported by Larry Brown Sports, the poll question “Should the All-Star Game determine home field advantage for the World Series?” returned a 77% “Yes” vote, moving Scully to lambaste his audience — asking at one point, “Do you REALIZE what you voted for?”:
It was an odd departure for Scully, who usually reserves his editorializing for an annual recognition of D-Day (video from 2010):
Of course, Scully is right — an exhibition game, the results of which hinge heavily upon the vote of Yankee and Red Sox fans, shouldn’t determine who has home field advantage in the World Series. For our own amusement, SportsGrid recommends Dodger fans continue to text in bad answers to televised text polls just to see Scully’s reaction.
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO