- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Carmelo Anthony Would Be, Hands Down, The Worst NFL Quarterback Ever
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Vin Scully Thinks 77 Percent Of You Are Idiots
Longtime Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully is no stranger to new technology. Yet it was a text-message poll during Tuesday night’s Mets-Dodgers matchup that sent him into a rare place for the usually mild-mannered Hall of Fame announcer.
As reported by Larry Brown Sports, the poll question “Should the All-Star Game determine home field advantage for the World Series?” returned a 77% “Yes” vote, moving Scully to lambaste his audience — asking at one point, “Do you REALIZE what you voted for?”:
It was an odd departure for Scully, who usually reserves his editorializing for an annual recognition of D-Day (video from 2010):
Of course, Scully is right — an exhibition game, the results of which hinge heavily upon the vote of Yankee and Red Sox fans, shouldn’t determine who has home field advantage in the World Series. For our own amusement, SportsGrid recommends Dodger fans continue to text in bad answers to televised text polls just to see Scully’s reaction.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts