- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Vladimir Guerrero’s Ceremonial First Pitch Resulted In A Gruesome Broken Femur For The Catcher
Yesterday was MLB Opening Day for 2014! It was so great we did a roundup. Vladimir Guerrero, finally retired, even threw out a ceremonial first pitch for the Los Angeles Angels.
Wait, that part was not great. It somehow, strangely, gruesomely, resulted in a broken femur (yeah, your thigh-bone), for the catcher. The catcher was hitting coach Don Baylor.
Guerrero seemed to initially think Baylor was kidding around after catching the pitch and laughing as he ran towards the plate, only to realize once he got there that Baylor was in some serious pain. Guerrero helped him to his feet, but it didn’t take and he needed extra assistance.
INJURY UPDATE – Don Baylor sustained a fractured right femur. The Halos batting coach will have surgery tomorrow.
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) April 1, 2014
Guerrero had just signed a one-day contract to retire as an Angel.
The only question is… did this guy mean to tweet this photo at us, or the SportsGrind?
— Ronnie Gallegos (@warhorse621) April 1, 2014
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- 10 Hottest Female Race Car Drivers
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason