- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Oh No… Cards’ Rookie Loses No-Hitter With Two Outs In Ninth
We do not believe in jinxes! This is going to happen! This … aw hell.
Cardinals’ rookie Michael Wacha came as close to a no-hitter as one can without getting it, giving up an infield single with two outs in the ninth against the Nationals. Ryan Zimmerman legged out a slow roller to short to spoil the festivities, which would have been the Cardinals’ first no-hitter at home since Bob Forsch vs. the Montreal Expos in 1983. And they haven’t had one on the road since 2001.
STL's Wacha just came as close to a no-hitter as Yusmeiro Petit did to a perfect game. Can't remember so much drama in one year with no-nos.
— Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) September 25, 2013
Hey, a monster clutch one-hitter in stretch run of division race? Yeah, that's OK. What a performance by Wacha.
— Pat Forde (@YahooForde) September 25, 2013
Too bad: I had all my headlines ready to go:
Wacha Lookin’ At, Nationals?
Wacha, Wacha, Wacha: Cards’ Rookie No-Hits Nats
Wacha Too Macha For Natchas
- Filed Under:
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts