- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Watch Robin Williams Catch A Baseball In The Booth With Billy Crystal At A Mets Game
I’ve never caught a foul ball. Neither has anyone in my family for that matter. It’s a curse — I think at some point way back, one of my ancestors sold their soul to the devil in return for a sack of grain or something, and now anyone with the last name O’Donnell repels errant baseballs like they were oppositely charged.
Robin Williams caught one while in attendance at his second baseball game, ever.
During a Mets-Reds day game in 1989, Williams, Billy Crystal, and Whoopi Goldberg sat in the commentary booth alongside Tim McCarver, during that era in comedy history known chiefly for the revival of stand-up via their “Comic Relief” charity program. At last night’s Emmy Awards, Crystal remembered his late friend with a moving tribute that started off with the story of this particular Mets’ game, and how Robin Williams created magic everywhere he went.
Watch him react to the foul ball in the character of a Soviet Russian who’s never experienced baseball, below:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts