- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Watch The Super Awkward Presenter Of Baseball’s Individual Awards
Well, Major League Baseball’s awards week is over. It was certainly the most talked about such week in recent memory, capped by the closest AL Cy Young race in history, the first knuckleballer to ever take home the NL Cy Young, and an AL MVP race in which the writers flipped off sabermetricians everywhere, with a resounding “Not yet, nerds!”
But this year’s awards also made a bit of history in that they were televised for the first time. And just in case you didn’t make it to the MLB Network to watch the big reveals, here are all eight for you. This wouldn’t be of any significance, except for the fact that BBWAA secretary/treasurer Jack O’Connell, the man who presented the awards, is the most painstakingly awkward human on the face of the planet. You have more charisma than him, and most likely, you have very little charisma.
O’Connell looked so desperately like he needed a teleprompter or a script, but sadly, did not have one. Shifty eyes, and weird starts and stops marked his performance. He is also uncharacteristically sullen for such a joyous event, so I don’t really know what gives. And with no audience to picture in their underpants except for Billy Ripken, he was doomed from the start. Without further ado, Mr. O’Connell:
AL Manager of the Year: Bob Melvin
NL Manager of the Year: Davey Johnson
AL Rookie of the Year: Mike Trout
NL Rookie of the Year: Bryce Harper
AL Cy Young: David Price
NL Cy Young: R.A. Dickey
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera
NL MVP: Buster Posey
Wait, Buster Posey has two kids? Isn’t he 15 or something?
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee