- People Still Love Buying The Jersey Of The Browns' Backup Quarterback, For Some Reason
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- While Derek Jeter Gets #RE2PECT, Alex Rodriguez Gets A Whole Lot Of #F13K Yous
- Dutch Cyclist Claims He Switched Off Of Both Doomed Malaysian Airlines Flights
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Watch The Super Awkward Presenter Of Baseball’s Individual Awards
Well, Major League Baseball’s awards week is over. It was certainly the most talked about such week in recent memory, capped by the closest AL Cy Young race in history, the first knuckleballer to ever take home the NL Cy Young, and an AL MVP race in which the writers flipped off sabermetricians everywhere, with a resounding “Not yet, nerds!”
But this year’s awards also made a bit of history in that they were televised for the first time. And just in case you didn’t make it to the MLB Network to watch the big reveals, here are all eight for you. This wouldn’t be of any significance, except for the fact that BBWAA secretary/treasurer Jack O’Connell, the man who presented the awards, is the most painstakingly awkward human on the face of the planet. You have more charisma than him, and most likely, you have very little charisma.
O’Connell looked so desperately like he needed a teleprompter or a script, but sadly, did not have one. Shifty eyes, and weird starts and stops marked his performance. He is also uncharacteristically sullen for such a joyous event, so I don’t really know what gives. And with no audience to picture in their underpants except for Billy Ripken, he was doomed from the start. Without further ado, Mr. O’Connell:
AL Manager of the Year: Bob Melvin
NL Manager of the Year: Davey Johnson
AL Rookie of the Year: Mike Trout
NL Rookie of the Year: Bryce Harper
AL Cy Young: David Price
NL Cy Young: R.A. Dickey
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera
NL MVP: Buster Posey
Wait, Buster Posey has two kids? Isn’t he 15 or something?
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'