- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Watching Miguel Cabrera Mash A Baseball In Slow Motion Is Curiously Mesmerizing
When they used to say that they were juicing the baseballs in MLB games, I would typically reply: “So what? How big of an impact could that possibly make?” Well, looking at this slow-motion GIF of Miguel Cabrera hitting a ball, I can see that it would potentially make quite a lot.
Cabrera’s swing seems to flatten about 25 percent of the ball — I guess that accounts for the cushiony feeling you get when you really connect with one on the sweet spot (hey, I didn’t strike out every time).
This GIF shows Cabrera crushing his 28th home run of the season, in the first inning of Sunday’s game. Via Business Insider:
Fox Sports Ohio then produced a replay with their “Phantom Cam” which showed just how much the ball was deformed by contact with the bat.
The image is stunning because anybody that has ever held a baseball knows that they are so hard that the strongest of people would have a hard time altering it’s shape with their bare hands.
Check out the fan diving for the ball in the stands — what happens to the ball almost happened to his head. Full video here.
So here’s my other favorite Miguel Cabrera GIF.
So many baseballs to flatten, so little time.
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?