- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Web Gem Of The Week: Joe Torre’s Daughter Catches Falling Baby
The screencap here is, of course, from the great Curb Your Enthusiasm episode in which Bill Buckner redeems himself for his 1986 World Series error by catching a baby who has fallen from the window of a building during a fire. But never did we realize that something similar would happen in real life.
Playing the part of Buckner will be Joe Torre’s daughter. And playing the part of the baby will be a different baby.
The daughter of Yankee legend Joe Torre made the catch of a lifetime in Brooklyn on Wednesday, saving a baby who got out of a window and then fell off an awning and into her arms, law enforcement sources said.
Cristina Torre caught the 1-year-old baby after he fell from the awning on 3rd Avenue and 91st Street in Bay Ridge. The baby was unharmed, sources said.
The parents of the baby were cuffed and taken away by police, according to the New York Daily News.
Not only did Joe Torre produce four world championships, but he also produced a hero.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story