- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Web Gem Of The Week: Joe Torre’s Daughter Catches Falling Baby
The screencap here is, of course, from the great Curb Your Enthusiasm episode in which Bill Buckner redeems himself for his 1986 World Series error by catching a baby who has fallen from the window of a building during a fire. But never did we realize that something similar would happen in real life.
Playing the part of Buckner will be Joe Torre’s daughter. And playing the part of the baby will be a different baby.
The daughter of Yankee legend Joe Torre made the catch of a lifetime in Brooklyn on Wednesday, saving a baby who got out of a window and then fell off an awning and into her arms, law enforcement sources said.
Cristina Torre caught the 1-year-old baby after he fell from the awning on 3rd Avenue and 91st Street in Bay Ridge. The baby was unharmed, sources said.
The parents of the baby were cuffed and taken away by police, according to the New York Daily News.
Not only did Joe Torre produce four world championships, but he also produced a hero.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee