- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
WEEI Radio Shock Jock Who Berated Erin Andrews Issues Apologies, Absent From Today’s Show
Well, that was fast. Too bad he couldn’t do it on air (or get any sort of mention from his co-workers in light of his absence on the simulcast WEEI radio program). Here’s the full mea culpa:
[WEEI.com] “This morning on the radio I used a series of words to describe Erin Andrews’ work at the All-Star Game. My choice of words was wrong; I was wrong to have used them. To all whom I offended — particularly Ms. Andrews — I apologize. There is no place for what was said. It was immature and completely uncalled for. I am often critical of media members and their work and recognize here that I’ve made the kind of mistake I would call out if it was done by another sportscaster or writer. Again, to all involved, I’m very sorry.”
…and this tweet:
There is no defense for the language I used today to describe the work of Erin Andrews. I deserve all the criticism I've received.
— Kirk Minihane (@kirkmin) July 17, 2014
After saying she should “drop dead” and calling her “a gutless bitch” for not pressing Cardinals’ pitcher Adam Wainwright on whether or not he actually threw a meatball to Derek Jeter in his final All-Star game, Minihane was barely mentioned today on The Dennis & Callahan Morning Show. His normal spot was filled by someone who admittedly had never read news on the air.
No word on whether he’s being reprimanded or fired, but we’d venture a guess that he’s been suspended for unfairly maligning a woman who was just doing her job. Expect fewer misogynistic rants going forward.
This is how close Dennis and Callahan came to addressing the controversy over Kirk’s comments:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts