- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
We’re Impressed: McKayla Maroney’s First Pitch Is Limber, Weird
McKayla Maroney won a 2012 Olympics silver medal and is a two-time World Champion on the vault, but she’s known to 90 percent of the world as the subject of the “McKayla Is Not Impressed” meme. Thanks, Internet!
And now there’s this: she loves throwing out unusual ceremonial first pitches, apparently. She had knee surgery in March and is not yet ready to compete, but she performed this first pitch on Friday at U.S. Cellular Field for the Twins-White Sox game. And it was rather enjoyable, in a Ferngully, acrobatic sprite kind of way.
— McKayla Maroney (@McKaylaMaroney) August 2, 2014
On Saturday Maroney said this to NBC Sports:
“For people who don’t think I’m, like, really serious about this, you’re wrong,” Maroney said in a USA Gymnastics interview at the Secret Classic in Hoffman Estates, Ill., on Saturday. “I want this so bad. I’m not just messing around, chilling, acting. I’ll do that later.”
That’s good to put on a resume, by the way. 2014-2015: Messing around, chilling, acting. Threw out first pitch at White Game from about three feet from plate.
- Filed Under:
- McKayla Maroney
- How You Can Pick Who Steve Austin Should Fight
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- How To Execute The Perfect Uppercut
- CM Punk is Officially Removed From WWE Roster