- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
This Willie Bloomquist Put Out At Second Base Looks Pretty Much Impossible
Thank goodness for slow motion replays — otherwise, how would we know what happened on this play? They also give us a chance to appreciate the combination of athleticism, skill and timing needed to throw a ball while sitting on your own head.
It’s difficult to describe what happened here in words, but basically Willie Bloomquist saved a hit and got the runner at second by making a ridiculous stop and an even more ridiculous throw to the bag. Here it is:
See what I mean? How did this happen? He flicks his wrist, jerks his arm backwards, and the ball flies through the air, with velocity, to get the runner in time. It doesn’t seem possible, and yet there it is. Unfortunately, this came in a losing effort. But Bloomquist deserves a steak for that one — Ian Kennedy’s buying.
- Filed Under:
- arizona diamondbacks
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Top 10 Most Gruesome MMA Leg Injuries
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship