- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Whoa: Charlotte Motor Speedway Unveils World’s Largest HD Screen
The screen eclipses the size of the one in Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. It took four months to build, up to 57 workers a day, working more than 11,000 man-hours, containing nine million LED lamps, combining 158 panels, and weighing 332.5 tons. It is 200 feet wide and 80 feet tall; the Cowboys’ screen is 160 feet by 72 feet.
The president of the speedway, Marcus Smith, said:
This giant Panasonic HDTV will be a game changer for our fans on race day. It will give them a whole new way to experience a NASCAR event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The cost of the screen is unknown, but the one in Dallas cost $40 million. The speedway expects the screen to be such a draw and to improve the fan experience so much that it is promising at least a 20 percent refund if the screen is ever non-operational. The screen will first be put to the test publicly on May 21 at the NASCAR all-star race.
“Nobody knows how to promote a race or sell an event like the guys in Charlotte,” said Dale Earnhardt Jr., who played video games on the screen as part of the unveiling.
I think that’s a coded compliment, which translates to, “Car crashes on this massive HD screen will blow your mind.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts