- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Danica Patrick Responds To Kyle Petty’s ‘She’s Not A Race Car Driver’ Comment
So on Thursday, former NASCAR driver and commentator Kyle Petty took a shot at Danica Patrick by saying that “she’s not a race car driver.” And furthermore “She never will be a race car driver.” Oh, and “She’s just a marketing machine.” Today Danica responded.
But my question to Petty, and all Danica detractors, is this: does that mean that everyone who finishes behind Danica are not race car drivers either? Because a lot of people in NASCAR have never won a race. And on average, I’ll bet she’s in the top 60 percent. So if that’s the case, why pick on her?
Anyway, Petty, on Thursday:
“She can go fast, and I’ve seen her go fast. She drives the wheels off it when she goes fast. But she’s not a race car driver. There’s a difference.
“ … Danica has been the perfect example of somebody who can qualify better than what she runs. She can go fast, but she can’t race. I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a race car driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver.”
“I really don’t care, I don’t. It’s true that there are plenty of people that say really bad things about me. I hear about them, or I read them, or read them on Twitter – people want me to die – but at the end of the day, you just get over that kind of stuff and all you can do is trust that you’re doing a good job.”
How come every time someone in NASCAR discusses Danica Patrick, they sound like Ricky Bobby? It’s Anna Kournikova all over again. She’s not hurting anyone. Let it go.
- Robert Duran: Pacquiao Still Dangerous
- Rios Vows To End Pacquiao's Career
- Roach: Pacquiao's Heart with Typhoon Victims
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab