- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Pepsi Sends Undercover Jeff Gordon To Chevy Dealership To Test Drive The Bejesus Out Of A Camaro
If you’ve been on YouTube in the last day or so, you may have come across this Pepsi ad. The premise: dress Jeff Gordon up like Hunter S. Thompson, send him to a Chevy dealership, get him behind the wheel of a Camaro, scare the bejesus out of the salesman riding shotgun. Awesome. Well, sort of. I have my doubts as to the authenticity of this supposed prank, but we can address those later. It’s hilarious. Keep up the good work, Pepsi.
It may be more obvious to some of you, but the basic idea seems a bit farfetched. Not to sound like your Mom, but driving like a lunatic, no matter how good you are at driving like a lunatic, is a huge risk to take for just a stupid commercial. Add in a few other unsuspecting cars, slick roads, a few ramps, and a guy scared for his life in the passenger seat, and I could easily come up with 50 ways this thing could go south. Namely, the salesman punches him in the face and tries to kill him, and doesn’t just threaten to. Either way, it had me for a second, and was convincing enough to make me laugh (and apparently 2.8 million other YouTube viewers.) I don’t think it makes me want to drink a Pepsi, but it does make me curious about what they’ll roll out with next. Hopefully it’s as good as this gem…
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story