- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Amir Johnson Got Away With The Most Egregious Double-Dribble Ever
The NBA doesn’t really do traveling, per se. (Someone on YouTube compiled a “Top 10 uncalled Travels” video, and the fact that said video exists is statement enough.) In last night’s Raptors-Trail Blazers game, the Association kept up their proud tradition of looking the other way.
Toronto’s Amir Johnson caught the ball just above the elbow and took one dribble towards the basket, awaiting a dribble-handoff. But it wasn’t there, and Johnson wheeled around looking for someone to pass to. Except no one was open.
So why not dribble it again, right? Johnson did, taking one hard dribble towards the hoop and throwing up a floater (which went in!) over defender J.J. Hickson. Johnson knew what he did, chuckling to himself as he ran back down the court, but apparently all three referees thought better of blowing their whistles.
Just for clarification, it’s pronounced “DUH-bull-DRIH-bull.”
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?