- The NFL Will Be A Lot Less Pink This October, Says Sporting Goods Insider
- It's Up To Adrian Peterson's Viking Teammates To Save His Minnesota Career
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 3 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Fight Church Bout Ends In Double Knockout With Simultaneous Shots To The Nuts
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Awesome Map Turns NBA Franchises Into Countries In Huge Game Of Risk
A Voronoi Diagram is a mathematical depiction of a series of points, broken down into regions based on proximity. Using the image below for example, the Trailblazers are the closest team to Northwestern Canada, Alaska, etc., so their region expands in that direction until it wraps around the globe and hits the Miami Heat’s territory.
Conversely, the New York Knicks are closely surrounded by franchises in all directions, making them the least proximate team in the league — whatever that means.
If anything, this map is just fun to stare at for a minute or two. Worst case scenario, however, and it’s a series of loosely defined borders in a global basketball war.
- Filed Under:
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Proof That John Cena Will Probably Never Lose Another Match