- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Awesome Map Turns NBA Franchises Into Countries In Huge Game Of Risk
A Voronoi Diagram is a mathematical depiction of a series of points, broken down into regions based on proximity. Using the image below for example, the Trailblazers are the closest team to Northwestern Canada, Alaska, etc., so their region expands in that direction until it wraps around the globe and hits the Miami Heat’s territory.
Conversely, the New York Knicks are closely surrounded by franchises in all directions, making them the least proximate team in the league — whatever that means.
If anything, this map is just fun to stare at for a minute or two. Worst case scenario, however, and it’s a series of loosely defined borders in a global basketball war.
- Filed Under:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts