- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
“It’s Gonna Be Lob City!” Blake Griffin Reacts Giddily To The Chris Paul Trade
As you’ve surely heard by now, the New Orleans Hornets traded star point guard Chris Paul last night to the Los Angeles Clippers in the biggest blockbuster move of the off-season. In return for Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and a first-round draft choice acquired from Minnesota, Los Angeles is getting who many consider to be the NBA’s best point guard.
Paul is good at a great deal of things — breaking down defenses off the dribble, hitting clutch shots — but what he’s best at is finding the open man. And if that open man is a high-flying forward or center? Even better. During the 2008-09 season, Paul and then-teammate Tyson Chandler were an alley-oop machine, combining for the most lobbed dunks in the league.
Now, with the Clippers, Paul has not one, but two of the league’s best big-man dunkers: Blake Griffin (who you already know about) and DeAndre Jordan (who you will soon know about). Both of these guys, to put it mildly, are beasts around the basket, and whatever the previous record is for most alley-oops by one team in a season (I’m not sure the Elias Sports Bureau keeps that stat, but they should start), it’s going to be shattered this season by the Clippers. It’s not even going to be close.
And Griffin knows this. So when he found out Paul, who will practically make a living off making him look good this year, was going to be on his team? He was excited.
Lob city, coming soon to an arena near you.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Drew Brees "Randomly" Drug Tested After Career Comments
- Extreme Cliff Diving For The Insane
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy