- Rams Distinguish Themselves With Teammate-On-Teammate Violence
- This Just In: Andy Dalton and Victor Cruz Are Tied In Touchdown Receptions
- Is MSU's Connor Cook College Football's Most Underrated Quarterback?
- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
BREAKING: Love Going To Cleveland, Wiggins To The Wolves
After a last-minute push from the Phoenix Suns made things interesting in the Kevin Love-Andrew Wiggins summer saga, the expected has happened and Love will be heading to Cleveland to join LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. ESPN reported the trade this afternoon, making it all but official pending an announcement from the teams that the deal was made.
The Cavaliers drafted Andrew Wiggins first overall out of Kansas back in March, but they began trying to ship him to Minnesota soon after as it became clear that Love wanted to leave for an immediate contender. He got just that as the Cavs now claim ownership of a Big Three that might just be better than that of the Miami Heat’s trio of James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.
The Timberwolves also receive Thaddeus Young and Anthony Bennett in the swap while the Philadelphia 76ers picked up Alexey Shved, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and a 2015 first-round pick.
“I’m going to be very excited to have him,” James said at his recent homecoming event in Akron according to ESPN. “I don’t really care about the 26 (points) and 12 (rebounds). I care about the basketball IQ. His basketball IQ is very, very high. I had an opportunity to spend 32 days with him on the 2012 Olympic team. It’s funny. I always told Kevin Love, ‘You’re very good, man.’ He always thought I was blowing smoke.
“I always told him he was going to be a reason why we won the gold medal, and he played a huge role for us. So I’m looking forward to it. He’s a great piece.”
James was referring to Love’s 2013 statline, which was an impressive 26.1 points per game and 12.5 rebounds. He added in 4.4 assists and shot a .457 clip from the field.
Love will be taking a back seat role for the first time in his career this coming season with James at the helm of the Cavs, but it is going to be a ton of fun watching the best small forward in the league join forces with the best power forward and one of the best point guards.
We can’t wait.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts