- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Brittney Griner Publicly Disclosed That She’s Gay, But Says It Wasn’t That Difficult For A Female
Brittney Griner is gay. The ex-Baylor women’s college basketball legend/current No. 1 WNBA draft pick for the Phoenix Mercury says she has been open about her sexuality for a while, but ESPN says this is the first time it’s been acknowledged publicly.
In a group interview with SI.com that included Elena Delle Donne and Skylar Diggins, the Nos. 2 and 3 picks in Monday’s WNBA draft, the players were asked, in women’s sports as opposed to men’s, why athletes coming out is accepted.
“I really couldn’t give an answer on why that’s so different,” Griner told SI.com. “Being one that’s out, it’s just being who you are. Again, like I said, just be who you are.”
Obviously, stereotypes are at play here. It’s sad, but true. She said she was bullied in the past and overcame it. People likely don’t make fun of her now. And considering that Mark Cuban wants a gay athlete and a woman on the Mavs, we might have to start penciling Griner’s name into the second round, to Dallas. We’d all watch, regardless of the result.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts