- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Brittney Griner Publicly Disclosed That She’s Gay, But Says It Wasn’t That Difficult For A Female
Brittney Griner is gay. The ex-Baylor women’s college basketball legend/current No. 1 WNBA draft pick for the Phoenix Mercury says she has been open about her sexuality for a while, but ESPN says this is the first time it’s been acknowledged publicly.
In a group interview with SI.com that included Elena Delle Donne and Skylar Diggins, the Nos. 2 and 3 picks in Monday’s WNBA draft, the players were asked, in women’s sports as opposed to men’s, why athletes coming out is accepted.
“I really couldn’t give an answer on why that’s so different,” Griner told SI.com. “Being one that’s out, it’s just being who you are. Again, like I said, just be who you are.”
Obviously, stereotypes are at play here. It’s sad, but true. She said she was bullied in the past and overcame it. People likely don’t make fun of her now. And considering that Mark Cuban wants a gay athlete and a woman on the Mavs, we might have to start penciling Griner’s name into the second round, to Dallas. We’d all watch, regardless of the result.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success