- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Time Carlos Boozer Almost Beat Up Prince Is Like Something Out Of Chapelle’s Show
Yesterday, Chicago Bulls forward Carlos Boozer appeared on ESPN 1000′s Waddle & Silvy Show. It was about what you’d expect: Boozer is excited about the Bulls’ late-season run, Derrick Rose is great, yada yada. But towards the end of the interview, things got a little more interesting.
That’s because Boozer briefly discussed his run-in with His Royal Badness himself, Prince. Back in 2006, the Bulls star agreed to let the singer rent out his LA mansion. The only problem is that Prince made himself a little too at home.
“Supposedly, Prince changed the front gate to the Prince sign, he changed the master bedroom to a hair salon, he changed the streaming blue waters that led to the front door to purple water, he knocked out walls, he changed the molding on top of the ceiling,” Boozer’s former Duke teammate and good friend Jay Williams told ESPN Radio. “Booz was livid.”
Apparently, Boozer was so mad, he considered going over there and beating Prince up. Eventually, Boozer sued him.
Strangely, though, Boozer sounded like he was fond of Prince when he recalled the incident yesterday.
“Good dude, man. Great dude,” Boozer said. “I can’t go into detail with what happened, but he’s a great guy. Good tenant. Paid his bills on time. He’s a very gentle dude, very humble. Very big on family. I’m proud to have him as a friend.”
Wait, what? Didn’t you want to beat him up for turning your mansion into the video for “Purple Rain?” What could inspire such a change of heart?
Jay Williams explains.
“Booz was like, ‘I was getting ready to go over there and beat this little man down.’ And dude was just like ‘Here, Boozer, here is a little check for about a million, it’ll take care of everything, get it back the way you want it.’ And Booz was like, ‘This little man is cool as hell.’”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts