- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Carmelo Anthony Makes It Official: He’s Back With The Knicks
We knew this on Saturday, really, but now the man himself has made it official: Carmelo Anthony has made the ultimate sacrifice, you know — for loyalty, and will re-sign with the Knicks for five years and $129 million. This was bigger for Phil Jackson than it was for Knicks fans — if Carmelo bolted, as it looked more and more like he was prepared to do, then Jackson’s cards with the Knicks would have been pretty crappy. Now, he can build around a marquee player.
League source confirms to @CBSSports that Carmelo Anthony has decided to re-sign with the Knicks. "Melo is staying," the person said.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) July 12, 2014
We’ll miss all the Carmelo rumors to be sure: especially the one that had him heading to the Lakers. I really wish that big free agents could just keep their choices a secret until, like, opening day, and then just appear with their new team.
Anyway though, it’ll be interesting with the Knicks this coming season. Derek Fisher as the new coach, Jackson’s triangle offense in place, and the media and fan scrutiny that comes with the territory.
Carmello talking about " his heart never wavered" – please… That $120 million was too good to walk away from- keep it real Melo
— Jordan H (@JORDAN23H) July 13, 2014
And … shots fired by the New Orleans’ mascot, or his fan club, whatever.
"Maybe I can just find a NBA finals trophy on ebay"- Carmello Anthony
— Pierre The Pelican (@PelicanPierre) July 13, 2014
- Filed Under:
- carmelo anthony
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'