- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Charles Barkley Kept Vaseline In His Belly Button, According To Weirdest All Star Weekend Tidbit Ever
Former Utah Jazz legend and Hall of Famer Karl Malone joined the Inside The NBA crew on TNT Friday night. He made the most of his visit, revealing to Ernie, Kenny, and the world that that Charles Barkley used to keep Vaseline in his belly button during games. Seriously.
Barkley’s defense for this incredibly disgusting habit was that he needed the Vaseline to prevent chapped lips, something we can all relate to, right? Malone didn’t seem to be buying it.
“He had the shiniest lips I ever seen on a human being, male or female,” Malone said.
Now, on the one hand, I understand where Chuck is coming from on this. I don’t have chapped lips, but I have really dry knuckles, and when I notice them, it’s all I can think about. And that’s just me, generic nobody. Charles Barkley is one of the greatest NBA players of all time. He had to be focused on the court at least most of the time. So if he was distracted by chapped lips, that would probably affect his game a little bit, no?
Okay, admittedly, I’m grasping at straws here. I like Barkley and want to try to give him a way out on this one. But there is no way out. You could’ve just had the trainer keep a thing of Vaseline on the bench, Chuck. Wait until a timeout and then apply as needed. Don’t be digging around your crusty belly button for Vaseline to put on your damn lips. That is disgusting.
Speaking of disgusting, TNT threw together this horrifying Photoshop of what life is like for Chuck:
- Filed Under:
- charles barkley
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions