- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
PHOTO: David Lee’s Infected Elbow (Caution: Gross)
Lee collided with the Knicks’ Wilson Chandler during a game several weeks ago in what initially looked like a pretty run-of-the-mill boo-boo (Chandeler, for his part, had a tooth knocked out). But soon after, things got scary.
The elbow became infected, and according to Lee, doctors told him his career could have ended.
“This injury went from something that I thought was going to be a two day situation,” he told KNBR radio in San Francisco, “to all of a sudden they were saying we might have to cut your triceps muscle and you’re never going to play again, to you’re fine. It was a very scary situation, and I learned how serious infection can be.”
Here’s video of the collision that led to the gaping wound you see above:
[Photo via Hang Time]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story