- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
PHOTO: David Lee’s Infected Elbow (Caution: Gross)
Lee collided with the Knicks’ Wilson Chandler during a game several weeks ago in what initially looked like a pretty run-of-the-mill boo-boo (Chandeler, for his part, had a tooth knocked out). But soon after, things got scary.
The elbow became infected, and according to Lee, doctors told him his career could have ended.
“This injury went from something that I thought was going to be a two day situation,” he told KNBR radio in San Francisco, “to all of a sudden they were saying we might have to cut your triceps muscle and you’re never going to play again, to you’re fine. It was a very scary situation, and I learned how serious infection can be.”
Here’s video of the collision that led to the gaping wound you see above:
[Photo via Hang Time]
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement