- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
The Clippers Keep Topping Themselves At Dunking Basketballs
The Clippers steamrolled another overmatched opponent last night, easily vanquishing the Pistons 129-97. While of course the Pistons, at 23-42, aren’t a good team, the won served as a reminder of just how good the Clippers can be when they have all their pieces working. Well, most of their pieces – Eric Bledsoe and Jamal Crawford sat out with injuries, making the blowout even more impressive. The Clippers shot 62.5 percent as a team. Chris Paul was in full-on maestro mode (20 points on 9-for-12 shooting, 14 assists, and zero turnovers in 31 minutes). Matt Barnes went 5-for-5 from three. Blake Griffin had 22 points and eight boards in 21 minutes.
And then…DeAndre Jordan. The raw numbers are very good – 13 points on 5-for-5 shooting from the field, seven rebounds, and two blocks in a highly efficient 27 minutes. But the raw numbers don’t convey sheer athletic dominance. You know what does convey sheer athletic dominance?
Yeah, Jordan’s listed at 6-11, while Brandon Knight, who had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of… that, is 6-3. And yeah, Knight deserves some credit for actually getting in the paint and trying to break up the play despite his extreme size disadvantage. But it doesn’t matter. The attempt didn’t work, and the result was a natural force to behold. Let there be no doubt: Jordan can be every bit the dunker Griffin is. And if you do still have any doubt, have this screengrab of Jordan mid-dunk:
There’s nothing left to say but, “Poor Brandon Knight.”
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- Did Lebron Have a Lovechild With This Newscaster?
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!