- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Watch Out, Chicago: Derrick Rose Is Healthy And Single, Now That He Split Up With His Fiancée
Derrick Rose is back from his torn ACL. He’s ready to play. He’s also ready to mingle, newly single, after splitting up with his “longtime girlfriend/fiancée, Mieka Reese.
The couple was allegedly going through a rough patch for a while, and Reese has reportedly moved out of the home they shared in the Trump Tower in Chicago.
Reese announced the couple’s separation on Instagram Sunday, and also posted a picture of her and Rose’s 1-year old son with a note attached that reads:
“PJ is the center of my life now and Derrick and I work together to co-parent for him. No Derrick and I are not in a relationship anymore but our friendship has always been there and will continue to grow. Even if our only purpose in life was to create our son, I’m fine with that.. My son is the greatest gift I could’ve asked for… Happy Sunday!”
But you know what’s not lovely? Life for Chicago bachelors. Or life for anyone in any city in which the Chicago Bulls play on the road. The competition just got fierce, and Derrick Rose is about to conquer it. You saw that comeback video, right? You thought that was about basketball? It wasn’t. It was a metaphor for how he would perform like a star when returning to the singles market.
Thunderous dunks are as likely as successful flirting and intimate conversation.
I’m not sure which celebrities live in Chicago, but they better watch out. I think Oprah does. I’m sure Michelle Obama goes there sometimes. Shoot for the stars, Derrick.
- Filed Under:
- Derrick Rose
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights