- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Derrick Rose Provides Only Moment Of Drama In Game 1 By Getting Injured In Final Minutes (UPDATE: Torn ACL, Out For Playoffs)
The Bulls rolled over the Sixers this afternoon, 103-91. That score is not indicative of how much the Bulls dominated, and Derrick Rose was in fine form — 23 points, 9 boards and 9 dimes for last year’s MVP. But in garbage time, as the Sixers were making a mini-run to keep things respectable, Rose twisted his knee and went down. He had to be helped off the court with just over a minute left.
In what could be a tragic turn for Chicago, Rose drove the lane in the waning moments, took to the air, and planted his left leg hard on the come down. He crumpled to the floor soon after. Here’s the video:
It looks to be a non-contact injury, which can be even more devastating and destructive than a collision. There’s no word yet on the extent of the injury, but based on the way Rose was almost carried to the locker room, it doesn’t bode well for the number one overall seed in the playoffs.
UPDATE: Well, we have our answer: it’s a torn ACL, and Rose is done for the remainder of the playoffs. Terrible break for both him and the Bulls – the Bulls were 18-9 without Rose this season, so you can’t totally count them out, but they were 32-7 with him. The Bulls are better – significantly – when Rose plays, and it’s tough to see them making a serious title run without him.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts