- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Hey, Old-School Knicks And Heat Fans: Does This Photo Make Your Mind Explode Or What?
Old-school around these parts means 1999 or so — apologies to the real old-school fans out there. (Refresher: The Sixth Sense came out that year; Home Improvement ended, Cher’s “Believe” was the number one single.)
If you were cognizant of basketball during the 1990s, you more than likely remember the battles between the Knicks and Heat, when both teams were good. They went at each other relentlessly, and it turned into a bitter rivalry that spawned things like this.
A big part of what made that rivalry great was Tim Hardaway, the tiny point guard with a big mouth and deadly range. Frank Isola of the NY Daily News says it best:
Needless to say, Tim Hardaway was one big reason why Knicks-Heat was so good in the 90's. He was talented, tough and nasty.
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) June 28, 2013
So it was pretty outstanding for the Knicks, in 2013, to draft Tim Hardaway. Junior, that is. Because even if Hardaway the Younger doesn’t help the Knicks knock off the Heat next year, even if he gets traded away tomorrow, we still got to see this:
— charlie widdoes (@charliewiddoes) June 28, 2013
Tim Hardaway (Senior) holding a Knicks jersey with his name on it? Gedouttahere. Do my eyes deceive me?
(Bonus: Hardaway kicking it with Allan Houston.)
Here’s Junior talking to the MSG media, where he addresses being the son of a Knicks rival and where he fits on the New York roster, among other things (h/t Posting And Toasting):
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao