- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Sixers Coach Doug Collins Went Off On His Team After Losing To The Magic, Probably Doesn’t Know That His Roster Is Awful
The Philadelphia 76ers are having an awful season, yet they still entered last night’s game against the Orlando Magic as -460 favorites in Vegas, implying about an 82% chance of winning. The Magic are awful, so even the awful Sixers were expected to beat them easily, at home. But Philly lost by 14. Coach Doug Collins was understandably pissed off, and he snapped in the postgame conference. You almost feel bad for him, except for his blame-shifting and effort-questioning. It doesn’t seem like he’s trying to motivate his players; it seems like he’s giving up.
He seems like he thinks he’s coaching the Miami Heat, and they’re performing like the Philadelphia 76ers. He’s actually coaching the Philadelphia 76ers, and they’re performing like the Philadelphia 76ers.
Collins seemed slightly self-aware by mentioning the pretty important fact that the Sixers put all of their chips in Andrew Bynum’s basket by trading their best player (Andre Iguodala) and giving up the draft pick that just went off on them (Nikola Vucevic), but for the most part, he seemed like a clueless guy who either wants to get fired or expects to get fired. He’s been fired from three head coaching jobs in his career.
The world’s best NBA gambler explained it best:
Here is Collins presser, if they used analytics he’d have had lower expecations on his team and not be so angry on.nba.com/13hCYbp
— Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) February 27, 2013
Stop saying things like: “Basketball is simple: the game is usually going to go to the aggressor.” Look at your roster. Look at the stats.
Don’t be so hard on your team, Doug. They just suck.
- Filed Under:
- Doug Collins
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck
- Bradley Climbs Pound For Pound Top 10