- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Dwight Howard Is An 82 Percent Free-Throw Shooter This Season (In Practice)
Dwight Howard is a prolifically bad free-throw shooter, but that’s only among the free throws you see him take. Secretly, he’s a great free-throw shooter, and he’s just playing us all for fools.
You see, the 49.5 percent at which Howard makes his free throws is simply a product of pressure. Unprecedented pressure. Apparently the presence of fans and the game-time atmosphere decreases Howard’s free-throw percentage by 32.5 percent. Don’t believe me? Go to the tape:
At least Howard is practicing more than the rest of his Laker teammates, though he’s taken considerably more in-game free throws than anyone else on the team not named Kobe Bryant. But seriously, this is a joke, right? I mean, a 33 percent deviation from practice to game? I guess his sample size is considerably smaller, but it’s hard to account for the drop-off. I don’t think it’ll get opposing teams to stop the Hack-A-Howard crusade.
[Reddit, Getty Images]
- Beauty AND The Beast
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever