- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Dwyane Wade Has Sold A TV Sitcom To Fox Called ‘Three The Hard Way’ (We’re Serious)
When I first saw this in Variety I thought it was a joke, but no. Dwyane Wade’s new production company has actually sold a sitcom to Fox, and it’s based on his life. It can’t possibly be as good as the Shaquille O’Neal episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (see below), but that’s a high bar. I’d settle for it just to be watchable.
The title? “Three The Hard Way”. Hmm. Ripping off the name of possibly the greatest blacksploitation film ever, the 1974 action flick “Three The Hard Way”, starring Jim Brown, Fred Williamson and Jim Kelly? Not cool, DWade.
Here’s the synopsis:
Fellow exec producer Ben Watkins (“Burn Notice”) is writing the pilot script, which will tell the story of an NBA superstar named Daryl Wade and his eccentric entourage, who find themselves parenting by committee when the lead gets full custody of his two young sons.
If it has “eccentric” in the copy you know the show has to be good.
“My Three Knee Surgeries”
“Twenty-Seven Men And A Little Lady”
“We’re Hoping For A LeBron Cameo So Please Stay With This”
“Three The Hardaway”
Additional thoughts: this idea would be way better if the show were animated. Or if Wade is tripped by Larry David.
- Filed Under:
- Dwyane Wade
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts