- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Dwyane Wade Has Sold A TV Sitcom To Fox Called ‘Three The Hard Way’ (We’re Serious)
When I first saw this in Variety I thought it was a joke, but no. Dwyane Wade’s new production company has actually sold a sitcom to Fox, and it’s based on his life. It can’t possibly be as good as the Shaquille O’Neal episode of “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (see below), but that’s a high bar. I’d settle for it just to be watchable.
The title? “Three The Hard Way”. Hmm. Ripping off the name of possibly the greatest blacksploitation film ever, the 1974 action flick “Three The Hard Way”, starring Jim Brown, Fred Williamson and Jim Kelly? Not cool, DWade.
Here’s the synopsis:
Fellow exec producer Ben Watkins (“Burn Notice”) is writing the pilot script, which will tell the story of an NBA superstar named Daryl Wade and his eccentric entourage, who find themselves parenting by committee when the lead gets full custody of his two young sons.
If it has “eccentric” in the copy you know the show has to be good.
“My Three Knee Surgeries”
“Twenty-Seven Men And A Little Lady”
“We’re Hoping For A LeBron Cameo So Please Stay With This”
“Three The Hardaway”
Additional thoughts: this idea would be way better if the show were animated. Or if Wade is tripped by Larry David.
- Filed Under:
- Dwyane Wade
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Carmelo Checks Out Woman Sitting Courtside