- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
The Hawks And Celtics Ended Game 5 In An Epic Double Derp
For a series that has lacked a certain pizzazz, the last few seconds of Game 5 between the Hawks and Celtics was as chaotic and exciting as it gets. Notice that the words “good” or “quality” were not used in the last sentence. The Hawks pulled out a season-saving victory despite an epic last second derp — thanks to a Celtics derp moments later.
For those who are confused, a “derp” is an expression used when a person has done something extremely stupid. And that is exactly what happened, twice, in the last 10.9 seconds of this game. With the Hawks up one point, Josh Smith was inbounding from the sideline, hoping to get the ball to one of the Hawks’ quality free throw shooters. Then, all derp hell broke loose:
That was, um, good? Good, uh, defense, right? Or, just totally inept offense at a time when quality possessions were so crucial. The Hawks gave the Celtics a chance to end Atlanta’s season early, and then Rondo dribbled away that chance, resulting in a few more days of work for the ancient Celtics line-up. Smith’s reaction at the scorer’s table says it all: WHEW. That was close.
Congratulations to the Hawks for extending their season for at least one more game. Hopefully that one ends with a made shot — or at least a shot attempt.
The NBA: Where, occasionally, derp happens.
- Clippers Internal Tension Was an Act
- 15 Hot Cricket WAGs
- 8 NBA Players Who Can Actually Rap
- Why Michael Jordan Ruined It For LeBron