- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
A Fan Is Suing The San Antonio Spurs Because Gregg Popovich Rested His Stars Against The Miami Heat
Today in frivolous lawsuits that are drains on our legal system: a lawyer has filed a class-action lawsuit against the San Antonio Spurs because Gregg Popovich values his team’s long-term playoff hopes over a single, early-season game. You may remember that Popovich sent Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green home on a plane before a primetime game in Miami against the Heat, and David Stern subsequently slapped San Antonio with a $250,000 fine – a pretty black and white decision for gray area matter.
There’s no specific clause dictating playing time in the NBA, so many were up in arms that Stern could, and would, levy a fine against the franchise. But now it appears that a laywer by the name of Larry McGuinness is hoping to recoup his money, and then some. McGuiness is alleging that Popovich, and therefore the Spurs, “violated the state’s deceptive and fair trade practices law,” as well as “suffered economic damages.” Via ESPN:
“”It was like going to Morton’s Steakhouse and paying $63 for porterhouse and they bring out cube steak,” said McGuinness, who said he bought his ticket on the resale market. “That’s exactly what happened here.”
Except the cube steak was Miami needing a late three-pointer from Ray Allen with 22 seconds left in the 4th just to take the lead. That’s one hell of a cube steak. There’s also this, which is just precious:
“Some could argue that the Heat fans got their money’s worth. That’s because the team barely beat the undermanned Spurs, 105-100 that night. McGuinness said that doesn’t mean a game with the Spurs top players couldn’t have been more exciting.”
There is nothing exciting about Tim Duncan. Nothing.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts