- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
A Fan Is Suing The San Antonio Spurs Because Gregg Popovich Rested His Stars Against The Miami Heat
Today in frivolous lawsuits that are drains on our legal system: a lawyer has filed a class-action lawsuit against the San Antonio Spurs because Gregg Popovich values his team’s long-term playoff hopes over a single, early-season game. You may remember that Popovich sent Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green home on a plane before a primetime game in Miami against the Heat, and David Stern subsequently slapped San Antonio with a $250,000 fine – a pretty black and white decision for gray area matter.
There’s no specific clause dictating playing time in the NBA, so many were up in arms that Stern could, and would, levy a fine against the franchise. But now it appears that a laywer by the name of Larry McGuinness is hoping to recoup his money, and then some. McGuiness is alleging that Popovich, and therefore the Spurs, “violated the state’s deceptive and fair trade practices law,” as well as “suffered economic damages.” Via ESPN:
“”It was like going to Morton’s Steakhouse and paying $63 for porterhouse and they bring out cube steak,” said McGuinness, who said he bought his ticket on the resale market. “That’s exactly what happened here.”
Except the cube steak was Miami needing a late three-pointer from Ray Allen with 22 seconds left in the 4th just to take the lead. That’s one hell of a cube steak. There’s also this, which is just precious:
“Some could argue that the Heat fans got their money’s worth. That’s because the team barely beat the undermanned Spurs, 105-100 that night. McGuinness said that doesn’t mean a game with the Spurs top players couldn’t have been more exciting.”
There is nothing exciting about Tim Duncan. Nothing.
- Malcom Jenkins Won't Pull A 'Reggie Bush'
- The 13 Hottest Girlfriends of Derek Jeter
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter
- Johnny Manziel's Girlfriend Big Hit on Internet