- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Jason Collins’ Ex-Fiancee Says She Had No Idea He Was Gay
Luckily, Jason Collins thought things through and informed his former fiancee this past weekend about his big gay announcement thing. Imagine if you’re her, walking by 7-Eleven and being surprised by that Sports Illustrated cover.
According to TMZ, Moos is the woman who had an eight-year relationship with Collins, with the two getting engaged. But Collins called off the wedding in 2009, leaving her in the dark as to why.
At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits … and she could never understand what went wrong, until now.
“It’s very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand,” Moos said.
“I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out.”
Collins talked with George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s Good Morning America today in his first interview since the announcement. Collins:
“Calling off the wedding as, you know, obviously a tough decision, but it was the right one because I knew I wasn’t getting married for the right reasons.”
Moos, from Wayzata, MN, played basketball at Stanford from 1997-2000 and majored in human biology. According to her bio, she also is “interested in sports psychology.”
- Filed Under:
- jason collins
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.