- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Jason Collins’ Ex-Fiancee Says She Had No Idea He Was Gay
Luckily, Jason Collins thought things through and informed his former fiancee this past weekend about his big gay announcement thing. Imagine if you’re her, walking by 7-Eleven and being surprised by that Sports Illustrated cover.
According to TMZ, Moos is the woman who had an eight-year relationship with Collins, with the two getting engaged. But Collins called off the wedding in 2009, leaving her in the dark as to why.
At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits … and she could never understand what went wrong, until now.
“It’s very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand,” Moos said.
“I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out.”
Collins talked with George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s Good Morning America today in his first interview since the announcement. Collins:
“Calling off the wedding as, you know, obviously a tough decision, but it was the right one because I knew I wasn’t getting married for the right reasons.”
Moos, from Wayzata, MN, played basketball at Stanford from 1997-2000 and majored in human biology. According to her bio, she also is “interested in sports psychology.”
- Filed Under:
- jason collins
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- How Mike Tyson Beat Drug Tests
- All About Michael Jordan's Future Baby Mama