- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 WR Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colbert On Husain Abdullah's Wrongly Penalized TD Prayer
- 10 More Reasons You Should Try The Diet LeBron James Used To Lose Weight
- Week 5 Survivor Pool: 3 Locks, 2 Values And An Upset Special
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Fire Near Arena In Mexico City Forces Evacuation At Spurs-Timberwolves Game
If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I won’t watch an NBA game in an arena that’s rapidly filling with smoke. The amazing thing about this incident — the scheduled game between the Spurs and Timberwolves at Arena Ciudad de Mexico in Mexico City that was cancelled due to a fire near an elevator — is that some on hand thought that it was some sort of pregame fireworks display. Because Mexico’s national animal is the donkey pinata filled with cherry bombs.
“I thought they were practicing fireworks, Spurs TV analyst Sean Elliot said. “A lot of teams do that before introductions. But then the smoke just kept creeping and it wasn’t white smoke. It was like a brown dark smoke and it started taking over the whole court. It was surprising.”
The Spurs-Wolves game has been rescheduled and will be moved to the mouth of a volcano.
As update: Fire near elevator in Mexico City arena has forced evacuation of building where Spurs/Timberwolves to play pic.twitter.com/gVFCW6QFa4
— Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) December 5, 2013
In an alternate universe, the Maloofs are filing to relocate the Kings to Mexico City right now. "What a lease deal!" they exclaim.
— Tom Ziller (@teamziller) December 5, 2013
If they cancel in Mexico City, NBATV audience deserves to see Gregg Popovich attack these pinatas pic.twitter.com/8NDdAKnpvt
— Andrew Sharp (@andrewsharp) December 5, 2013
The Wolves-Spurs Mexico City game is about as successful as any trip to Tijuana I had in college. And I once walked into a knife fight.
— Zach Harper (@talkhoops) December 5, 2013
- Filed Under:
- San Antonio Spiurs
- Mayweather Jr. and Pacquiao: Robert Garcia Breaks it Down
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Myles Jury Knocked Out a Legend