- NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie And Shaq, But Not Charles
- Ditka Has No Tolerance For The 'Redskins' Name Controversy
- 4 NFL Players Whose ADP Has Shifted For Better Or Worse
- USA Basketball Might Bring A 13th Player To Spain Just To Cut Him
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
This Ridiculous Behind-The-Back Dish From Danilo Gallinari Makes Us Wonder Why The Knicks Ever Gave This Dude Up
Many say that the Knicks gave up too much in the trade for Carmelo Anthony last season, which saw the ‘Bockers gut their roster in return for the isolation-loving scorer. But forget about Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov for a second: what if Danilo Gallinari was the superstar the Knicks never knew they had?
Expectations were always high in New York for Danilo, who was a first round pick and had a reputation for having “the smoothest stroke in the history of mankind,” to paraphrase former coach Mike D’Antoni. But the Italian stallion seems to be flourishing in Denver: in an injury shortened season, Gallinari is averaging over 15 points and almost 5 boards for a team that lacks a true focal point. And every game, Danilo seems even more impressive. Just check out this awesome behind-the-back pass along the baseline that left Celtic defenders stunned and the home crowd in a frenzy.
Now, 15 points a game and a sweet no look pass are not the only hallmarks of a star. But the Nuggets are unquestionably better since the Carmelo trade, with Gallinari leading the way. Who knows where those Melo and Danilo will be in the NBA power rankings in a year or two. In the meantime, here’s to hoping the young man continues to flourish/ball so hard that [certain people] want to fine him.
[h/t Bob's Blitz]
- San Francisco 49ers Preseason: Taking The Bad With The Good
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy