- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
This Ridiculous Behind-The-Back Dish From Danilo Gallinari Makes Us Wonder Why The Knicks Ever Gave This Dude Up
Many say that the Knicks gave up too much in the trade for Carmelo Anthony last season, which saw the ‘Bockers gut their roster in return for the isolation-loving scorer. But forget about Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov for a second: what if Danilo Gallinari was the superstar the Knicks never knew they had?
Expectations were always high in New York for Danilo, who was a first round pick and had a reputation for having “the smoothest stroke in the history of mankind,” to paraphrase former coach Mike D’Antoni. But the Italian stallion seems to be flourishing in Denver: in an injury shortened season, Gallinari is averaging over 15 points and almost 5 boards for a team that lacks a true focal point. And every game, Danilo seems even more impressive. Just check out this awesome behind-the-back pass along the baseline that left Celtic defenders stunned and the home crowd in a frenzy.
Now, 15 points a game and a sweet no look pass are not the only hallmarks of a star. But the Nuggets are unquestionably better since the Carmelo trade, with Gallinari leading the way. Who knows where those Melo and Danilo will be in the NBA power rankings in a year or two. In the meantime, here’s to hoping the young man continues to flourish/ball so hard that [certain people] want to fine him.
[h/t Bob's Blitz]
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager