- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
This Ridiculous Behind-The-Back Dish From Danilo Gallinari Makes Us Wonder Why The Knicks Ever Gave This Dude Up
Many say that the Knicks gave up too much in the trade for Carmelo Anthony last season, which saw the ‘Bockers gut their roster in return for the isolation-loving scorer. But forget about Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov for a second: what if Danilo Gallinari was the superstar the Knicks never knew they had?
Expectations were always high in New York for Danilo, who was a first round pick and had a reputation for having “the smoothest stroke in the history of mankind,” to paraphrase former coach Mike D’Antoni. But the Italian stallion seems to be flourishing in Denver: in an injury shortened season, Gallinari is averaging over 15 points and almost 5 boards for a team that lacks a true focal point. And every game, Danilo seems even more impressive. Just check out this awesome behind-the-back pass along the baseline that left Celtic defenders stunned and the home crowd in a frenzy.
Now, 15 points a game and a sweet no look pass are not the only hallmarks of a star. But the Nuggets are unquestionably better since the Carmelo trade, with Gallinari leading the way. Who knows where those Melo and Danilo will be in the NBA power rankings in a year or two. In the meantime, here’s to hoping the young man continues to flourish/ball so hard that [certain people] want to fine him.
[h/t Bob's Blitz]
- If World Cup Countries Were College Football Teams
- The 5 Most Hazardous Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?