- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Meet The Kid Who Brought You The Smash Hit “Good Job, Good Effort!”
By now, you’ve probably heard the audio clip that’s sweeping the nation, which came to us after the Heat were taken down at home by the Celtics. “It’s okay!” it begins. “Good job, good effort!” Those incredible words, which were probably the only words of their ilk uttered after the stunning defeat, were attributed to “some kid” up until now. He has since been revealed: He is Jack Meyer, nine years old, a huge Heat fan… and pretty frickin’ adorable.
His rallying cry, which went viral and spawned about a billion Tweets, jokes and memes, came in a moment of passion, as he may not get to see his heroes play again until next season. But he didn’t back down from his optimistic outlook the day after. From NBC Miami:
“LeBron James was fighting so hard, Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem. Chris Bosh only played 14 minutes, yet one of his best games,” he said.
Jack, who was at the game with his father James, hopes his cheers will encourage the team for Game 6.
“You can’t give up this easily,” he said. “You know there’s always got to be a second chance for you. You always have the power to win.”
Well isn’t that just the cutest! Good on Jack for being a true fan and sticking by his team. And the kid’s got a point — for all the burying of the Heat that has gone on in the last 24 hours, all they need to do is go on a measly two-game winning streak to win the series. There is, in fact, a second chance for them. Let’s not forget that going into Game 6.
- Filed Under:
- Miami Heat
- Aaron Hernandez's Jailhouse Attack Victim Released
- Nelson Frazier Jr. aka Mabel, Big Daddy V Reportedly Dead
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot