- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
GREAT: J.R. Smith Drives A Tank
The Pipemaster General and newly minted New York Knick (4-years, $24M), Earl “J.R.” Smith, was spotted in a swanky section of Manhattan using what is ostensibly a tank. Knicks fans everywhere are squirming.
[Via The New York Post] Smith, who’s recovering after surgery on his left knee in the off-season, rolled up to Meatpacking District restaurant Catch on Thursday night in a Gurkha F5, which is made by Toronto-based Terradyne Armored Vehicles and used by police and the military. Smith parked the oversize truck, worth about $450,000, on the street while he dined inside.
In case you aren’t a Knicks fan, and this story interests you because armored cars are totally awesome, let us throw some specs at you.
Built on a Ford F-550 chassis (I thought it only went to F-150), the Gurkha F5 has a 6.7L, V-10 power plant, producing 400 horsepower. This is more than likely the version J.R. Smith was spotted in, dubbed the “Knight XV”. It’s featured in movies like Fast Five and Death Race.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy