- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
GREAT: J.R. Smith Drives A Tank
The Pipemaster General and newly minted New York Knick (4-years, $24M), Earl “J.R.” Smith, was spotted in a swanky section of Manhattan using what is ostensibly a tank. Knicks fans everywhere are squirming.
[Via The New York Post] Smith, who’s recovering after surgery on his left knee in the off-season, rolled up to Meatpacking District restaurant Catch on Thursday night in a Gurkha F5, which is made by Toronto-based Terradyne Armored Vehicles and used by police and the military. Smith parked the oversize truck, worth about $450,000, on the street while he dined inside.
In case you aren’t a Knicks fan, and this story interests you because armored cars are totally awesome, let us throw some specs at you.
Built on a Ford F-550 chassis (I thought it only went to F-150), the Gurkha F5 has a 6.7L, V-10 power plant, producing 400 horsepower. This is more than likely the version J.R. Smith was spotted in, dubbed the “Knight XV”. It’s featured in movies like Fast Five and Death Race.
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- 40-Year-Old Hot Mom Nabs Saints Cheerleader Job
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion