- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Greg Oden Is Taking His (Creaky) Talents To The Miami Heat
If I were an NBA GM, I’d be scared to death of signing Greg Oden. What if he went up for his first rebound and fell apart, like one of the skeleton soldiers in Army of Darkness?
But Oden, the former No. 1 overall draft pick who hasn’t played in an NBA game since 2009 due to radioactive knees, has been certified functional by doctors, and is presumably ready for action.
Greg Oden will sign with Miami Heat, source told ESPN. Two-year with player option for second year.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) August 3, 2013
For those keeping score at home, Oden has had five knee surgeries. ESPN:
“When I had a conversation with Coach (Erik) Spoelstra and hearing how much he knew about the training stuff that I was already doing, it kind of made me feel like they know what’s best for me,” Oden said in a phone interview.
“I’m not going to sit here and say I’m 100 percent,” Oden added. “I am moving (well) and I am feeling good, but I have a lot of work to do.”
He told ESPN.com that James recruited him via text message, in addition to Spoelstra.
How I feel about Greg Oden signing with the Heat.. pic.twitter.com/Dn7hJhV13d
— Sports Dude (@TheSportsDude_) August 3, 2013
— Drew Kelly (@ifiwasperfect) August 3, 2013
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- Tennis Babe Maria Sharapova Shows Off Her Personalized Porsche
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs