- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Greg Oden Is Taking His (Creaky) Talents To The Miami Heat
If I were an NBA GM, I’d be scared to death of signing Greg Oden. What if he went up for his first rebound and fell apart, like one of the skeleton soldiers in Army of Darkness?
But Oden, the former No. 1 overall draft pick who hasn’t played in an NBA game since 2009 due to radioactive knees, has been certified functional by doctors, and is presumably ready for action.
Greg Oden will sign with Miami Heat, source told ESPN. Two-year with player option for second year.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) August 3, 2013
For those keeping score at home, Oden has had five knee surgeries. ESPN:
“When I had a conversation with Coach (Erik) Spoelstra and hearing how much he knew about the training stuff that I was already doing, it kind of made me feel like they know what’s best for me,” Oden said in a phone interview.
“I’m not going to sit here and say I’m 100 percent,” Oden added. “I am moving (well) and I am feeling good, but I have a lot of work to do.”
He told ESPN.com that James recruited him via text message, in addition to Spoelstra.
How I feel about Greg Oden signing with the Heat.. pic.twitter.com/Dn7hJhV13d
— Sports Dude (@TheSportsDude_) August 3, 2013
— Drew Kelly (@ifiwasperfect) August 3, 2013
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts