- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Gregg Popovich Really Wanted A Second Question
Want to know the secret to coming back from a 16-point deficit with four minutes left in an NBA Playoff game? Maybe it’s a sense of humor. Spurs’ coach Gregg Popovich, a professional crumudgeon who distributes sneers and nasty glares like John Stockton used to deal out assists, was in touch with his lighter side on Monday night, and it worked.
Down 92-80 following the third quarter of their second-round playoff opener with Golden State, Popovich met with TNT’s David Aldridge for the requisite on-court interview. It did not go exactly as expected.
As you can see above, Aldrich was genuinely flabbergasted by Popovich’s response.
Gregg Popovich between-quarter interviews is my favorite show on television.
— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) May 7, 2013
The Spurs stole one in double overtime, 129-127, after trailing by 16 with 3:57 to go. Coincidentally, that’s when the Warriors’ Klay Thompson fouled out, thus freeing the guy he had been guarding, Tony Parker, to score eight points to lead the comeback and tie it at the end of regulation.
Then following the game, this happened:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts