- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Is Chris Andersen Being Extorted By A Spurned Female Fan?
An interesting wrinkle has emerged in the case involving Nuggets’ forward Chris “Birdman” Andersen. The Birdman is being investigated for alleged Internet crimes against children, but The Denver Post has reported that the allegations may stem from a young female fan seeking retaliation for unrequited love. Ruh roh.
Anderson’s attorney, Colin Bresee, released a statement that shows Anderson had a “flirtatious” relationship with a girl who presented herself to be of legal age — though she may not have been.
From the Post (emphasis ours):
In 2010, Andersen began receiving letters and photos showing the young woman “scantily clad,” Bresee said. In 2011, she flew to Colorado for a visit. She later became upset when Andersen no longer showed interest in her, according to the statement.
“In 2012, she then threatened to retaliate if he did not provide financial remuneration,” Bresee wrote. “Professional athletes are routinely targeted by these types of individuals. The media has been speculating that he is a suspect, and not a victim, in a criminal investigation.”
The best part of the statement (if there can be a “best” part of a young girl possibly extorting an NBA player by getting him accused as a sex offender) is a message from somebody claiming to be the girl’s mother, demanding that Anderson “pay for everything on her Amazon wishlist and 5k for her bedding stuff and her victoria secret wishlist.” Aw, “Mom!” That is so cute, that you would get Chris Anderson to buy your daughter Victoria’s Secret lingerie or socks or whatever she’s got on that wish list!
At this point, Anderson hasn’t been arrested or formally charged with a crime. Neither has this girl, who has pictures of herself online wearing Anderson’s #11 jersey. But if this was a case of the Birdman being misled, and then extorted for lingerie, you have to feel for him: his Nuggets take on the Lakers in a decisive Game 7 tonight, and he won’t get to be there. However, final judgment should be reserved for when the case is resolved, so we’ll wait for that to happen before being even more snarky about it.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts