- 3 Dumb Ways To Change the NBA Draft Lottery As Dumb As Current System
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- World Trashes Kobe; Kobe Responds With Vintage Performance
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
James Harden: Trickster, Or Victim Of A Cruel Twitter Account?
James Harden posted a message on his Instagram account today that he had been traded to the New Orleans Hornets. But that didn’t actually happen. Either Harden is the meanest son of a bitch in the NBA, or he fell for the ol’ “Fake Twitter account delivering fake news” bit.
The original post was deleted soon after it went up, due to the fact that somebody probably said, “Hey, James, are you sure?” and he replied “Um…”
Here’s a screenshot of Harden’s account, pre-deletion (via @dailythunder):
Yeah — there was no trade to the Hornets today. Rumor has it that a fake Twitter might have duped the reigning Sixth Man of the Year, who then posted a knee-jerk response before confirming it with anyone. Or, like a guy who posts terribly unattractive pictures of his drunk friends from last night on Facebook and tags them, but then feels bad about it and untags them because they really look awful, he pranked all of us before rescinding the joke.
Either way, it will be interesting to see if Oklahoma City-area hospitals were hit with a higher-than-normal influx of cardiac arrest patients, or people with high blood pressure, or anxious sports maniacs tearing their hair out. Sadly, we have news for all those people: with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook already signed to big long-term deals, this may be less of a prank and more of a glimpse into the future (or prepare for a similar message from Serge Ibaka instead).
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Tom Coughlin's Music Playlist For Giants' Practice is the Best