- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Fantastic News: JaVale McGee And His Mom Are Getting A Reality Show
“Millionaire Mama’s Boy” will follow both the goofy Nuggets center and his mother, former WNBA player Pamela McGee. The show promises to be something akin to the Real Housewives, with Pamela spending time with her other single NBA mom friends. Frankly, the more screen time this guy and this lady get, the happier we all shall be.
The icing on the cake: This finally gives us a reason to watch Oprah’s OWN channel beyond the torture porn that was Lance Armstrong’s confession interview. This programming is apparently leading up to a new Tyler Perry series in May, so be careful not to stray too long after the McGee’s credits roll or you’ll be blinded forever.
Here’s the official press release:
The new OWN series “Millionaire Mama’s Boy” explores the dynamic relationship between former WNBA basketball star Pamela McGee and her 25-year-old son, Denver Nuggets center, JaVale McGee. Famous for being domineering on and off the court, Pamela is not only JaVale’s mom, she’s also his business manager, working to build an empire while trying to keep a tight rein on the glitz and girls that come with the life of an NBA star. Meanwhile, Pamela’s managing her own life, which consists of her equally fabulous single girlfriends who also have sons coming up in the league. When Pamela needs someone to laugh with or a shoulder to cry on, she turns to her girls. Like Pamela, they are single mothers raising their sons while dating and chasing their own ambitions. With her hectic schedule, Pamela relies on her “manny” Jay to get things done. She trusts him to oversee her mansion, bank accounts and properties. While her friends think there could be a love connection, Pamela and Jay deny it – but they certainly fight like a married couple. Like any good mother, Pamela is a force to be reckoned with, and no one is going to stop Mama McGee from taking care of her own. After all, she is basketball royalty herself. They may be crazy, loud and a little wild, but family’s what it’s all about for the McGees and their friends. Ultimately, it’s a show about family, love and the unbreakable bond between a mother and her son; all seven feet of him. The series is executive produced by Pete Tartaglia and Amy Palmer Robertson and distributed by Sony Pictures Television. Join the conversation on Twitter using #MillionaireMamasBoy.
Don’t say Oprah never gave you anything besides that free car.
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'