- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
After Wizards Big Man JaVale McGee Was Draped In An Opposing Player’s Groin, He Was Benched For Showboating
No one’s suggesting it’s easy being a Washington Wizard these days, especially after they dropped to 1-12 on the season with today’s loss to the Houston Rockets. But, it seems like no one had a harder time being a Wizard this afternoon than center JaVale McGee.
Midway through the first quarter of this afternoon’s game between the Wizards and the Rockets, McGee got an up-close and personal look at Rockets’ rookie swingman Chandler Parsons. Here, I’ll set the scene. Luis Scola drove the lane on Andray Blatche and threw up a little running hook. He missed, clanging the ball off the front of the rim, when out of nowhere came flying in Parsons, who threw down the put-back, and, well, watch:
Talk about an “in your face” moment. You can understand why McGee got so upset, that’s a pretty embarrassing moment. Though, the turmoil didn’t end there for McGee. Later on, in the third quarter, McGee got clear out on a wide open fastbreak. But instead of throwing down a “simple” dunk, McGee threw the ball off the backboard to himself and then threw it down. That didn’t sit well with his head coach, Flip Saunders, who benched McGee for showboating. Yes, JaVale, your team is 1-12. Now, act like it. Watch:
McGee’s teammate Nick Young said of his self alley-oop dunk, “He had some big Kahunas.” Wait, or did he say that of Parsons? I’m not quite sure. Either way, these weren’t McGee’s finest moments.
- The 50 Best Butts in Sports
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- Clippers Internal Tension Was an Act
- 15 Hot Cricket WAGs