- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jeremy Evans’ Dunk-Contest-Winning Dunks, In Slow Motion
It would be fair to say that not many people expected much out of Utah Jazz forward Jeremy Evans in the dunk contest last night. Remember, he was a last-minute replacement for Iman Shumpert, meaning he’s not even one of the top four dunkers in the league (because the guys in the dunk contest are the league’s best dunkers, right?). But he actually threw down some pretty nice dunks, netting him the 2012 title. Check them out in slow-motion in the video here:
To be fair, this was a universally panned contest, producing more yawns than excitement in ground-breaking dunk insanity. Highlights included the Chase Buddinger “White Men Can’t Jump” dunk, Derrick Williams dunking over a motorcycle (attempting to “Be Like Blake”?), and Paul George jumping over 7’2″ teammate Roy Hibbert. Also, we should stop and appreciate Evans donning a throwback Karl Malone jersey, as it’s always nice to see homage paid to the old guard.
The NBA tried to switch things up this year by letting the fans vote via text and streamlining the event by eliminating rounds. But since that didn’t work in spicing up the contest either, may we once again suggest the obvious? Get LeBron in there.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?