- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Jeremy Lin Breaks In Hometown Community Basketball Court; Mayor Shuts Down His Inside Game
The Houston Rockets can’t be excited about this. Jeremy Lin was the guest of honor during a ribbon cutting ceremony for a new community basketball court in his hometown of Palo Alto, CA on Monday. To christen the court, he was tasked with scoring the first points, with Palo Alto mayor Greg Scharff on defense.
As you can see in the video above, Scharff is wearing slacks and a dress shirt, and isn’t exactly John Stockton. So Lin should have no trouble scoring on … doh! DOH!
He finally had to step back to the 3-point line to get a shot to go in. That court still hasn’t seen a 2-pointer: since I live just a few miles away, it’s up to me. See you in about an hour.
That’s Lin’s high school basketball coach, Pete Deipenbrock, milling around in the black shorts and white t-shirt. Lin helped lead Palo Alto High to a Calif. Div. II state championship in 2006, and attended middle school (JLS, home of the Panthers) about a quarter-of-a-block from the court he christened on Monday.
- Filed Under:
- Jeremy Lin
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- The Least Classy Fans in Football
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds