- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jeremy Lin Is No Longer In The Rockets’ Starting Lineup
What a difference a year makes. The Rockets signed Jeremy Lin to a three year, $25 million contract last offseason in the wake of Linsanity, and now Lin isn’t even the team’s starting point guard.
From CSN Houston beat reporter Adam Wexler:
Chandler Parsons confirmed the starting 5 will be same as what they ended preseason with. PBev, JH, CP, DH, Omer. #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) October 29, 2013
PBev — that’s Patrick Beverly, better known before this year as the guy who knocked Russell Westbrook out of the playoffs (and the start of this season). But Beverly has also shown flashes of brilliance this preseason, including a two minute stretch in which he thoroughly embarrassed Jrue Holiday. He looks good, and Lin has been something of an average point guard since he came over from New York — though perhaps a big part of his ineffectiveness comes from trying to share the ball with James Harden so much.
Frankly, I’m more perplexed about Omer Asik and Dwight Howard sharing a front court together — that makes even less sense than Howard and Pau Gasol did last year. But Lin dropping out of the starting five is big news, despite public claims that he wouldn’t mind coming off the bench. Everyone wants to start. Things could change as the season goes on, but justified or not, starting the year on the bench means something.
Might the Rockets be looking to drop Lin for the second time in his career?
Photo via Getty
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers