- 3 Dumb Ways To Change the NBA Draft Lottery As Dumb As Current System
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Bryce Brown Or Anthony Dixon -- Which Bills RB Should You Grab?
- World Trashes Kobe; Kobe Responds With Vintage Performance
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jeremy Lin Is No Longer In The Rockets’ Starting Lineup
What a difference a year makes. The Rockets signed Jeremy Lin to a three year, $25 million contract last offseason in the wake of Linsanity, and now Lin isn’t even the team’s starting point guard.
From CSN Houston beat reporter Adam Wexler:
Chandler Parsons confirmed the starting 5 will be same as what they ended preseason with. PBev, JH, CP, DH, Omer. #Rockets
— AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) October 29, 2013
PBev — that’s Patrick Beverly, better known before this year as the guy who knocked Russell Westbrook out of the playoffs (and the start of this season). But Beverly has also shown flashes of brilliance this preseason, including a two minute stretch in which he thoroughly embarrassed Jrue Holiday. He looks good, and Lin has been something of an average point guard since he came over from New York — though perhaps a big part of his ineffectiveness comes from trying to share the ball with James Harden so much.
Frankly, I’m more perplexed about Omer Asik and Dwight Howard sharing a front court together — that makes even less sense than Howard and Pau Gasol did last year. But Lin dropping out of the starting five is big news, despite public claims that he wouldn’t mind coming off the bench. Everyone wants to start. Things could change as the season goes on, but justified or not, starting the year on the bench means something.
Might the Rockets be looking to drop Lin for the second time in his career?
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Tom Coughlin's Music Playlist For Giants' Practice is the Best