- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Lakers Owner Jerry Buss Has Died
Jerry Buss, owner of the Los Angeles Lakers since 1979, is dead at 79 years old. He had recently been hospitalized with cancer.
The Lakers won 10 NBA championships with him at the helm. This tidbit from Bruce Arthur sums up his success as an owner.
In his first 33 years as an owner, Jerry Buss’s Lakers missed the playoffs in 1993-94 and 2004-05. That’s it. And then there was this year.
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) February 18, 2013
In remembrance, check out Buss’s Basketball Hall of Fame enshrinement speech from 2010:
NOTE: There is some confusion over Buss’s age. Some outlets reported he was 80, others 79. Multiple biographies around the internet say he was born in January, 1934, which would make him 79.
- Filed Under:
- jerry buss
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players