- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Lakers Owner Jerry Buss Has Died
Jerry Buss, owner of the Los Angeles Lakers since 1979, is dead at 79 years old. He had recently been hospitalized with cancer.
The Lakers won 10 NBA championships with him at the helm. This tidbit from Bruce Arthur sums up his success as an owner.
In his first 33 years as an owner, Jerry Buss’s Lakers missed the playoffs in 1993-94 and 2004-05. That’s it. And then there was this year.
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) February 18, 2013
In remembrance, check out Buss’s Basketball Hall of Fame enshrinement speech from 2010:
NOTE: There is some confusion over Buss’s age. Some outlets reported he was 80, others 79. Multiple biographies around the internet say he was born in January, 1934, which would make him 79.
- Filed Under:
- jerry buss
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts