- WEEK 4 NFL POWER RANKINGS: Yo Guys, Come Check This Out We Have A New #1!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Week 4: Three Locks, Two Value Plays And One Shocker
- MLB Says They Will Speed Up Game, But We Don't Believe Them
- The Most Honest Thing Anyone From The NFL Has Said About The Ray Rice Scandal
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Poor Paul Pierce Got His Ankles Broken By A Crossover Again
Paul Pierce is still a pretty damn good player (19.7 points, 5.6 boards, 1.5 steals, 19.17 PER so far this season), which is especially impressive for a guy who just turned 35. But lately – over the last week in particular – he’s been having this problem. A problem defending against crossover dribble moves, to be exact. On Sunday, you might remember, Jameer Nelson did this to him. And apparently the Nets’ Joe Johnson was watching intently:
“That was like a cobra there, and a mongoose.” Well, sure. Who didn’t watch that move and immediately think of “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi“? Natural comparison.
And this time, Pierce didn’t even get a win to wash away the pain – the Nets beat the Celtics 95-83. After the back-to-back Nelson and Johnson episodes, it has to be open season on guys trying to cross Pierce over, right? The move can’t be that wildly successful twice in successive games without guys around the league taking notice, so the Truth is, Pierce better be ready for more opponents trying this same thing. Here’s Johnson’s move in gif form:
- Catcher Struck by Jose Offerman Speaks Out After Settlement
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Arlovski is Back with Latest MMA Rankings
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence