- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Just To Shake Up The Playoffs A Bit, Here’s An NBA Ball Boy Making Death Threats
Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook is pretty angry with Houston’s Patrick Beverley right now: Westbrook claims that Beverley’s reckless driving, basketball-wise, caused the knee injury in Game 2 of their playoff series that knocked Westbrook out of the playoffs.
But Westbrook’s not half as mad as Thunder ball boy Mitchell Brown, apparently. In a fit of teenage rage usually saved for multi-roleplayer video games, Mitchell allegedly tweeted a couple of, let’s call ‘em death threats, to Beverley.
His Twitter account has been deleted, but the Daily Mail has a screencap.
Capt. Dexter Nelson, a spokesman for the Oklahoma City Police Department, said officers in conjunction with the Houston Police Department and the NBA are looking into what he described as “Internet threats.”
Nelson could not elaborate on the matter, state law prohibiting authorities from commenting on a juvenile case unless an arrest is made. In addition, he said the department does not comment on suspects.
Thunder spokesperson Matt Tumbleson said: “We do not condone his comments. He works game nights on a voluntary basis. We will handle this matter internally.”
Shortly after Thunder officials were told of the tweets, Brown deleted them with an apology: “Yesterday I posted something completely Inappropriate and I need to apologize. I was out of line and it will not happen again.”
He later removed that tweet and said his account was hacked.
Brown is 17, according to several sources. Apparently that’s too young to realize that you’re supposed to say you were hacked first, then apologize for the tweets. Not the other way around.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce