- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Just To Shake Up The Playoffs A Bit, Here’s An NBA Ball Boy Making Death Threats
Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook is pretty angry with Houston’s Patrick Beverley right now: Westbrook claims that Beverley’s reckless driving, basketball-wise, caused the knee injury in Game 2 of their playoff series that knocked Westbrook out of the playoffs.
But Westbrook’s not half as mad as Thunder ball boy Mitchell Brown, apparently. In a fit of teenage rage usually saved for multi-roleplayer video games, Mitchell allegedly tweeted a couple of, let’s call ‘em death threats, to Beverley.
His Twitter account has been deleted, but the Daily Mail has a screencap.
Capt. Dexter Nelson, a spokesman for the Oklahoma City Police Department, said officers in conjunction with the Houston Police Department and the NBA are looking into what he described as “Internet threats.”
Nelson could not elaborate on the matter, state law prohibiting authorities from commenting on a juvenile case unless an arrest is made. In addition, he said the department does not comment on suspects.
Thunder spokesperson Matt Tumbleson said: “We do not condone his comments. He works game nights on a voluntary basis. We will handle this matter internally.”
Shortly after Thunder officials were told of the tweets, Brown deleted them with an apology: “Yesterday I posted something completely Inappropriate and I need to apologize. I was out of line and it will not happen again.”
He later removed that tweet and said his account was hacked.
Brown is 17, according to several sources. Apparently that’s too young to realize that you’re supposed to say you were hacked first, then apologize for the tweets. Not the other way around.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts